By: Charu Jain | Date : 23 Apr 2020 | Category : Fashion & LifestyleDate : 2 years ago
The rapid increase in the number of online aggregators in the country has paved the way for International Brands to enter Indian Fashion Retail space. This has made it extremely difficult for the young and dynamic designers of the country to capture a spot among the large potential crowd. With the majority of people preferring International brands & labels, Indian designers are unable to draw desired profits and sustainability.
According to Statista, the global apparel market is projected to grow in value from 1.3 trillion U.S. dollars in 2015 to about 1.5 trillion dollars in 2020, showing that the demand for clothing and shoes is on the rise across the world. Despite the current slowdown in the economy, the Indian clothing market is expected to be worth $53.7 billion in 2020, making it the sixth-largest globally, according to the fourth annual State of Fashion report by The Business of Fashion and McKinsey & Company.
This brings vast enormous opportunities for design professionals in the country to gain significant traction in the fashion space. Thanks, to the social marketplaces & eCommerce aggregators that gifted the ease to cater to the need of millions of customers around the country. With almost 4.54 billion people active internet users as of January 2020, encompassing 59 percent of the global population, the customer today value businesses that exhibit a strong online presence.
Whether it’s about practicing the fast or slow fashion, designers either through their e-commerce websites or online marketplaces can today enter into any fashion space. For those who don’t know about the difference between Ecommerce Websites & Online Marketplaces and the pros & cons of operating on either, check this amazing article Ecommerce Website Vs Online Marketplace to understand the difference between both.
Currently, with so many online marketplaces operating in the country, it has become extremely difficult to choose the best fit for your business needs. For those who are looking to start a clothing line business, here is a quick guide “How to start a successful clothing line business this 2020”. For sellers who well adhere to the vast competition in the fashion space and looking to sell among International Brands and labels, check this amazing article “Best Online Marketplace for Selling Products Online (2020)”.
For individual creators and professional designers who are looking on how to start a clothing line or planning their own “Designer Labels” and “Clothing Brands”, here we list out the top 5 online marketplaces that can really help sell clothes online to mass volume.
A subsidiary of India’s e-commerce giant Flipkart, Myntra is the country’s one-stop-shop for lifestyle and fashion needs. The platform caters mainly to apparel, fashion accessories, and lifestyle products. For design professionals who are industry renowned and share a major presence in the industry, Myntra is an excellent platform to compete with International brands. With Myntra as an aggregator platform, designers can extensively market their products and brand to a large set of audiences.
1. The platform has a different set of fees including commission, collection, and shipping fee.
2. The platform has an excellent delivery mechanism with fantastic logistics.
3. Charges a commission in between 5-20% depending on your product category.
Started in 2005, the online marketplace is a perfect destination to shop contemporary ready-to-wear, designer wear, western formal clothing for men, or finely crafted fashion jewelry under one roof. The platform houses an extensive range of designers, couture, and Prêt-à-Porter collections from the country’s most established designers.
1. The platform welcomes only top renowned professionals in the industry. For designers to get registered as a seller on AzaFashions, they need to possess incredible designing skills with hefty industry experience.
2. The platform charges a hefty commission on selling designer clothes online on its platform.
3. The platform has tie-ups with some major industry veterans for logistic and delivery mechanisms.
With more than 200 designers across the country, the platform is an ultimate fashion destination with top designer labels curated under one roof. From ethnic to indo-western to contemporary wear the platform caters to the design needs of every customer arrive on its platform.
1. Though the platform only accommodates renowned designers, if you have that knack for design and are totally marvelous with your designing skills, then you can surely find a place in the marketplace.
2. The platform keeps on regulating its seller policies and has major control over its offerings to the customers.
3. The platform has outsourced its delivery mechanism to third party logistics.
India’s Exclusive Ecommerce Aggregator Marketplace, designed keeping in mind the need of designers, artists, and individual creators of the country. The platform caters majorly to five verticals – Fashion Design, Architecture, and Interior Design, Web and Graphic Design, Makeup, Photography & Content Creation.
1. The platform welcomes professionals at all proficiency level, i.e. whether you are a student who is about to enter the corporate world, a professional who is struggling to capture the spot or an entrepreneur who is well renowned in the country, everybody is welcomed
2. Country’s first No Paid Promotion Platform- giving a fair chance to professionals showcase their designing skills to the world.
3. The platform allows designers to offer both products and customized services to the customers.
4. The E-commerce Aggregator allows Fashion Illustrators, designer, sketchers, and college graduates to sell their fashion designs, products & fashion illustrations to other designers available on the platform.
5. The platform even claims to provide personal branding support to the top-performing professionals on the platform, which will be evaluated through a series of Live Contests taking place on the platform.
Founded in 2011, Craftsvilla is an Indian Online marketplace that is into ethnic wear, footwear, fashion accessories, beauty products, and other lifestyle products. The platform even caters to art professionals who are interested in selling handcrafted home accessories.
1. The marketplace is an excellent destination to discover unique Indian products.
2. It is totally meant for individual creators who are looking to mark their brand presence in the country.
3. Majorly meant for handmade, vintage, organic, and natural products.
So, these are some excellent platforms that can help you make your fashion design business a big hit. I hope you enjoyed reading this article, feel free to reach us out in the comment section below. I will be happy to hear from you.